Starting Fall 2021, the US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference (MWC) will begin their 13U age division in the Fall. In order to participate in the MWC, teams must participae in and qualify for placement thru the 12U Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier. This competition will mirror and replace the existing 13U Illinois MWC Qualifier that was previously run in Falll.
Illinois Youth Soccer and its member competitive leagues partnered to launch the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifying Competition, part of the State Premiership, as a direct path for teams to earn their spot into the US Youth Soccer National League Midwest Conference. THIS EVENT IS DESIGNED FOR THE MOST COMPETITIVE TEAMS IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.
The US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference will start their 13U age division in Fall 2021, changing from its previous launch in the Spring season. In order to be considered for acceptance into the Fall 2021 MWC, teams must participate in and qualify thru the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier for 12U aged teams will be run during preceding Spring season and be played 11v11.
What is the purpose of the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier?:
The ultimate purpose is for the top 12U teams to earn a position in the US Youth Soccer National League Midwest Conference when 13U play starts in Fall.
In addition, the division will also:
- Provide meaningful matches for teams in the 13U age division and help teams prepare for the Midwest Conference
- Earn teams GotSoccer points
- Secure teams spots in State Premiership should they choose to compete in it instead of or along with playing in the MWC in Spring
How do I register for the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier?
The Midwest Conference Qualifier is open to any team registered with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league. Again, this event is designed for the most competitive teams in the state of Illinois.
Registration for the Midwest Conference Qualifier will follow the same format as most Illinois Youth Soccer events:
- Teams MUST register with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league and pay the required league registration fees. When registering with the league for the Spring season, teams should communicate with the league that they will be participating in the 12U MWC Qualifier. The Illinois member competitive leagues are:
- Central Illinois Youth Soccer League:
- Illinois Women’s Soccer League:
- SLYSA Illinois:
- Young Sportsmen’s Soccer League:
- Teams must also register for the event in GotSoccer by February 12.
How many teams will get spots at 13U?
Illinois is guaranteed at least 8 spots per gender age group for the Midwest Conference.
Illinois has historically secured more than 8 spots. Any additional spots will be filled by the final standings from the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier
What are the fees?
Teams are required to pay the following to participate in the Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier:
- Member Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league registration fee
- $315 Midwest Conference Qualifier fee, paid to Illinois Youth Soccer
- $80 per game referee fee. Illinois Youth Soccer will provide the entire 3-person crew.
What is the schedule?
The number of teams that register will determine the final schedule. Teams should expect to play 7-11 games.
Games will be self-schedule and home team host.
Teams should also plan to play additional games June 5-6 in Rockford. These games will be "playoffs" to determine final standings and be match-ups between teams from other groups that didnt play each other in the group play stage. All teams should be available this weekend, but all teams will not play.
As travel is a major component of Midwest Conference play, teams are expected to travel to the team listed as the home team for each match including long distances i.e Chicagoland to the southern portion of the state.
Teams that fail to compete all of their Illinois Midwest Conference Qualifier games may be removed from the division and not considered for the Midwest Conference.
Once groups and schedules are finalized, teams are encouraged to work amongst themselves to coordinate weekends in which multiple games could be hosted at one location, similar to Midwest Conference weekend.
What are the roster limits?
Teams are allowed to use any age eligible player from within their club as long as they have a player pass from a member Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league. No more than 30 players can be used for the competition, matching the number of players team can use in the Midwest Conference.
Players are only allowed to compete on one team for the entirety of the Qualifier. If a club has mulitple teams in the division, a player can only play for one team.
If a player changes clubs during the season, they may not be added to another Midwest Conference Qualifier roster during the season.
Example: During the Spring season, Susie leaves Club A and joins Club B. Susie cannot play in any Illinois Qualifying Division games with Club B.
What are the deadline and important dates?
- February 12: Registration Deadline
- February 22: Payment by check deadline / credit card payment processing
- March 2: Groups/Schedule Announced
- April 15: All schedules due
- May 31: All group/division game must be completed by
- June 20: Addition Playoff Games to determine final placement (if needed) must be completed by
- July TBD: Teams Must Complete Fall 2021 Midwest Conference Registration
Questions: Chris at 847-290-1577 firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill at email@example.com