The Chicago Beach Soccer Tournament is unlike any other soccer tournament in the Midwest. Don’t miss out on all the SUN, FUN & SOCCER.
The 2016 Chicago Beach Soccer Tournament will be held July 23-24 at Montrose Beach, don’t confuse our long-standing event with similar sand soccer events.The Chicago Beach Soccer Festival enters its 15th year as one of North America’s largest Beach Soccer tournaments.
Registration for the 2016 event is open until Friday, July 1
COMMON QUESTIONS - SELECT LINK FOR ANSWERS
WHAT IS THE CHICAGO BEACH SOCCER TOURNAMENT FORMAT & RULES?
Beach Soccer is played 5v5 (4 field players and a keeper). Teams can have up to 12 players on a roster. Games are played in 2 13-minute halfs with a 3 minute halftime. The U12 division plays with a size 4 ball, all other plays with a size 5.
The tournament is played in each of the following divisions
- Under-10 Boys
- Under-10 Girls
- Under-12 Boys
- Under-12 Girls
- Under-14 Boys
- Under-14 Girls
- Under-16 Boys
- Under-16 Girls
- Under-19 Boys
- Under-19 Boys
Official Beach Soccer Rules
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT CHICAGO BEACH SOCCER DEADLINES?
2016 Chicago Beach Soccer Tournament
- July 1, 2016: Registration Closes
- July 6, 2016: Non-Licensed Coaches Background Check Due
- July 18, 2016: Brackets announced
- July 20: Team rosters must be entered into GotSoccer
- July 23, 2016: Boys Division Play
- July 24, 2016: Girls Divisions Play
WHO CAN PLAY IN THE CHICAGO BEACH SOCCER TOURNAMENT?
This tournament is open to any team. Team registered with an Illinois Youth Soccer member league; Illinois Women's Soccer League (IWSL), Young Sportsmen's Soccer League (YSSL), Central Illinois Youth Soccer League (CIYSL), Southern Illinois Soccer League (SISL) or ILLOWA; or member recreational league received special discounted pricing.
Teams whose players are not registered with Illinois Youth Soccer or a member league are eligibile to play in this event but must pay the full $300 registration fee.
CAN PARENTS BE COACHES?
YES! A Parent or other adults who does not have a current Illinois Youth Soccer member league coaching card can act as coach for the Chicago Beach Soccer tournament, in order to do so they must complete a background check no later than than July 6.
Teams that have an adult without an USSF License acting as coach for the team must have that adult submit a background check no later than July 6. The cost is $5
To submit the background check,
- Click here
- When completing the information form select “Illinois Youth Soccer” from the MEMBER LEAGUE pull down menu
- Be sure to include ALL info in order for the background check to properly be processed
I am playing in the U19 division and am 18 years old, can I act as coach for my team?
YES. You just need to contact the IYSA Office at 847-290-1577 and let us know.
WHAT ARE THE BEACH SOCCER FEES?
- Registration Fee
- Illinois Youth Soccer Registered Teams: $250
- Non-Illinois Youth Soccer Registered Teams: $300
DO WE HAVE TO PLAY WITH OUR CLUB TEAM?
NO. Players can create their own "all-star" team and use players from different teams or an exsisting team can play together.
THE ROSTER LIMIT FOR THE TOURNAMENT IS 12 PLAYERS
HOW DOES THE GROUP SCORING WORK?
Group play will be based on the following scoring system:
- Win: 3 points
- Tie: 1 points
- Loss: 0 points
If group play ends in a tie, the following criteria will determine tie-breakers.
- 1st: Head-to-head
- 2nd: Most Wins
- 3rd: Goal Differential (4 goal max per game)
- 4th: Goals Allowed
- 5th: Penalty Kicks
WHAT ARE THE TEAM REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO OUR FIRST GAME?
No later than July 20, the team roster must be entered into GotSoccer.
To enter your roster do the following steps.
- Log-in to www.gotsoccer.com using the Login and Password you created when you registered.
- Select the “ROSTER” option on the gray bar across the top of the screen you see
- In the pull down menu next to VIEW BY EVENTS select “PRIMARY PLAY LIST”
- Click the “Add New Player” button
- Enter the player’s information and then press “Save”
- Repeat the steps for each player
WHAT DO I BRING TO CHECK-IN
There is specific check-in times for each age group. Teams that come before their check-in time will not be checked in. Check-in will take 15-20 minutes approximately per team so plan accordingly. If you don’t come to check-in you will not play your first game.
ALL PLAYERS WITH THEIR PLAYERS PASSES MUST BE PRESENT AT THE CHECK-IN
Team Check-In Times TBA
At Check In Teams MUST HAVE all of the following
1.) ROSTER: Printed copy of the roster they entered into GotSoccer
1.) PLAYERS PASSES: Each Player on the Roster with their Player Passes
If players do not have Player Passes they can use one of the following:
- Drivers License
- State ID
- Copy of their Birth Certificate WITH some sort of Photo ID (i.e. School ID, Membership Card, Library Card.)
2.) MEDICAL RELEASE FORM: Complete and signed by parent Medical Release Form FOR EVERY PLAYER
- Teams can download the forms here
- If a player is injured during the tournament and the coach does not have a signed and completed medical waiver, the COACH IS LIABLE FOR THAT INJURED PLAYER
At check-in each player’s pass will be checked and they will be given a wristband that they MUST WEAR ALL DAY. Players without wristband WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY and NO REPLACEMENT WRISTBANDS WILL BE GIVEN.
Questions: Contact Ale or Chris at 847-290-1577 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org