This national tournament provides Illinois Youth Soccer teams in the under 13 – 17. age groups an alternative to the Illinois State Cup and an opportunity to advance and compete against teams from across the country in the regional and national competition. Starting Spring 2016, Illinois will offer the Presidents Cup to the U18 Division. Teams will only compete for a state title as there is no Regional or National U18 Presidents Cup competition.
The US Youth Soccer President’s Cup offers an alternative opportunity for teams to compete in a state, regional and national competition. The President’s Cup is a progressive, competitive experience (just like the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series) for teams that might not otherwise get the opportunity to participate in a Regional or National tournament and have the unique experiences from the competition and camaraderie that a state to regional to national US Youth Soccer tournament offers.
The Sports Authority President’s Cup qualifying tournament will follow the same rules & procedures as the current Illinois State Cup. The Illinois President’s Cup champions advance to the the Midwest Regional President’s Cup from which they can qualify for the National President’s Cup Tournament.
COMMON QUESTIONS - SELECT LINK FOR ANSWERS
WHAT ARE THE PRESIDENTS CUP RULES?
Presidents Cup Rules (PDF link)
US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup Rules
US Youth Soccer Presidents Cup Info (web link)
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT PRESIDENT CUP DEADLINES?
Important Spring 2016 Cup Dates
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: Registration Closes for U12-U18
- Friday, February 12, 2016: Brackets Announced
- April 1: Open Cup Round 1 Schedule By Date
- April 11: Open Cup Round 1 Play By Date
- April 15: Open Cup Round 2 Schedule By Date
- April 25: Open Cup Round 2 Play By Date
- May 1 2016: All Group Play Games Must Be Scheduled By
- Monday, May 30 2016: All Group Play Games Must Be Played By
- June 1, 2016: Tie-Breaker Shoot-Out Date
- Saturday, June 4, 2016: Semifinals
- Sunday, June 5, 2016: Finals
*League games take priority over group play game. Teams must schedule games appropriately to avoid league game conflicts
WHO CAN PLAY IN PRESIDENTS CUP?
This tournament is open to any Illinois Youth Soccer Association (IYSA) currently registered team comprised of properly registered and rostered youth players that participates in an IYSA only division of an IYSA affiliated competitive league; Illinois Women's Soccer League (IWSL), Young Sportsmen's Soccer League (YSSL), Central Illinois Youth Soccer League (CIYSL), Southern Illinois Soccer League (SISL) or ILLOWA, during the current soccer year. The team must be in good standing and in compliance with Illinois Youth Soccer rules and requirements.
Starting Spring 2016 Illinois Youth Soccer will expand the Presidents Cup to include the Under-18 age group. At the present time US Youth Soccer does not offer a Regional or National Presidents Cup for the Under-18 age group so teams will only compete for a state Presidents Cup title.
WHAT ARE THE PRESIDENTS CUP FEES?
- All teams will pay $425 at time of applying for the tournament. That fee includes:
- Team Registration Fee $275 (All team pay )
- Presidents Cup Round Robin Team Fee $150 (Any team eliminated prior to the round-robin stage of the event will be refunded the $150 round robin fee)
- Referee Fee $75 per team per game
WHICH PLAYERS CAN BE ON MY PRESIDENTS CUP ROSTER?
In 2012 Illinois Youth Soccer and the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series moved to the Club Pass system. The Club Pass allows teams to use on their Presidents Cup roster any player from within their club that is currently registered with an Illinois Youth Soccer competitive member league. Players from outside the club are NOT ALLOWED on Presidents Cup rosters. NO GUEST PLAYERS!
Rosters are frozen once a team plays their first game. Players can only be listed on one State Cup or Presidents Cup roster.
A team may have on its team roster only players of the following age groups for the seasonal year in which the team is participating in the Presidents Cup:
(1) For teams competing in the Under-13, Under-14, and Under-15 age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age in either of the next 2 younger age groups of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
(2) For the teams competing in the Under-16 and Under-17, age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age of any younger age group, through the Under 14 age group, of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
Players/Teams that competed in the Group Play Portion of the Illinois State Cup or in the Premier I Division of MRL ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PORTION OF THE US YOUTH SOCCER PRESIDENTS CUP SERIES
HOW ARE SEEDS DETERMINED?
There is NO SEEDING for Under-13 Presidents Cup.
For Under-14 thru Under-18 seeds are determined as follows*:
Click here to see Spring Seeded Teams
- #1: Reigning Presidents Cup Champion
- #2: Previous Year's Presidents Cup Finalists
- #3-4: Previous Year's Presidents Cup Semifinalists
- #5: Central / Southern State Premiership Division Champion
*Team must decide to only compete in Presidents Cup to get seeded. Teams that choose to compete in Open Cup towards State Cup will NOT be seeded. Team must show continuity of roster from previous year to retain seed.
All other teams are placed in the competition based on a double blind draw.
HOW DOES THE GROUP SCORING WORK?
Teams will compete in the single elimination Entry Event until the Round of 16. The final 16 teams will compete in a points-based group round-robin format. Group winners advance to semifinal and then championship play. If only 16 teams apply then we start with the round robin format.
Group play will be based on the same scoring used at the US Youth Soccer Midwest Regionals:
- Win: 3 points
- Tie: 1 points
- Loss: 0 points
If group play ends in a tie, the following criteria will determine tie-breakers.
- 1st: Head-to-head
- 2nd: Most Wins
- 3rd: Goal Differential (4 goal max per game)
- 4th: Goals Allowed
- 5th: Penalty Kicks
HOW DO I SCHEDULE MY PRESIDENTS CUP GAMES?
Teams matched up in a match must communicate and mutually agree on a date that is scheduled by the SCHEDULE BY DATE AND played NO LATER than the PLAY BY DATE. The team listed on the top of the bracket is the Home Team and the game should be played at their location (unless the Home Team fields are not available or a large distance of travel would be required for one or both teams. In that case, the game should be held at a neutral and equidistant location.) If team cannot mutually agree, the Presidents Cup Director will make a final decision on where and when the match will be held.
All State Cup / Presidents Cup matches are required to be scheduled by the listed Schedule by date. Any game not scheduled by the Schedule by deadline will be FINED $50 PER TEAM PER DAY.
Teams contact each other (CLICK HERE FOR SPRING 2016 CONTACT) and once an agreement is made about the match, they should email the following to email@example.com
- Teams Playing
- Age Group
- Date Of Match
- Time Of Match
- Location Of Match
DO NOT EMAIL BACK & FORTHS BETWEEN COACHES TO IYSA. ONLY SEND EMAIL ONCE THE DATE IS FINALIZED.
TEAMS DO NOT ASSIGN REFEREES FOR HOME-TEAM-HOST GAMES. The State Cup Referee Assignor will assign the officiating crew upon receipt of the above listed information.
GAME CHANGE FEES
Once a date and time is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org the date is finalized. If either team requests a game change they must:
- Pay a $50 game change fee (prior to the game change being approved)
- If game was to be played at their home field, their opponent now becomes the host location
- Any game change requests must be received NO LATER than 5 days prior to the scheduled match
WHAT ARE THE TEAM REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO OUR FIRST GAME?
NO LATER THAN 48- HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST HOME-TEAM HOME MATCH, TEAM MUST:
- Enter into the Official Illinois Presidents Cup Roster in the GotSoccer Registration System all players who will be competing on your team in Presidents Cup. The maximum number of players is Twenty-Two (22). Include every player even if a player may be missing the first game(s). Your roster FREEZES after your first match, NO ADDITIONS.. Only players who are listed on the official Presidents Cup roster are eligible to compete in Presidents Cup.
- To Enter Players Into Your Tournament Roster
- Login to your team GotSoccer account
- You will be taken to your team’s Overview page. At the top of the page there is a Gray Bar that runs the length of the page; "Overview" is highlighted in light blue. On that bar click on ROSTER
- This will take you to your PRIMARY PLAYER LIST
- Add all your players here (NOT AS GUEST PLAYERS). To add players click the REGISTER NEW PLAYER button and enter the player’s info. The main information to enter is the player’s name, birthdate and id number. If the system asks for any other info (phone, email, etc.) you can just enter the club’s info
- After you have entered all the players, from the VIEW BY EVENT dropdown menu select the current competition. All the players you entered should now be listed.
- Once all players are entered click the GENERATE ROSTER button. This WILL FREEZE YOUR ROSTER. Do not freeze your roster until it is finalized.
- Roster is frozen after team's first match - players cannot be added after first match.
- Email email@example.com or fax (847-290-1576) a copy of your Illinois Youth Soccer competitive member league roster(s) for EACH PLAYER entered on your Official Entry Event roster in GotSoccer. Only players who are listed in GotSoccer are eligible to compete in State Cup.
WHAT DO I BRING TO MY PRESIDENTS CUP MATCHES
Teams are responsible to print and bring their Game Card to each Presidents Cup game. Here is how you print your Game Card:
- Log into your GotSoccer account
- Select the portion of the competition you are competing in
- Open Cup
- Presidents Cup Group Play
- Select "Schedule"
- To download your Game Card for a specific game, go to the GRAY BOX with the PDF SYMBOL and a GAME # on the far left of the match listing. Just click on the game #, download, (you need PDF reader) and print that file.
Teams also bring the player cards and $75 referee fee to each Presidents Cup match
WHAT DOES ILLINOIS YOUTH SOCCER PAY FOR EACH TEAM ADVANCING TO REGIONALS?
For each Illinois team that advances to the US Youth Soccer Midwest Presidents Cup, Illinois Youth Soccer pays the regional team entry fee and the cost to send an Illinois referee for each team to regionals. Illinois Youth Soccer pays approximately $1700 per team for the regionals.
Presidents Cup champions also receive champion packets from Chipotle, an official sponsor of the Illinois Youth Soccer.
Questions?? Contact Chris Jamrozy at firstname.lastname@example.org / 847-290-1577 ext. 18 or Bill Bruno at email@example.com