Chicago Magic (U13B), Raiders FC (U17B) & Team Chicago (U17G) Now Play For National Title
20 teams from Illinois earned bids in the US Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Championships, 8 teams advanced to semifinals and five teams played in the Championship match. Of those five, three teams: Chicago Magic (U13 Boys), Raiders FC Premier (U17 Boys) and Team Chicago (U17 Girls), proved to be the best in Region II win title game wins.
- The Chicago Magic topped Sporting KC Juniors (KS) 3-1 in the Boys Under-13 final.
- Raider FC Premier, who earned their bid in the Regional Championships based on their play in the Midwest Regional League, shutout SC Waukesha Pumas (WI) 2-0
- Team Chicago Botafogo finished their impressive run with a victory over Wisconsin’s North Shore United.
Two other Illinois teams also had strong runs to the Region II Championship Match.
- The Chicago Magic Boys lost in the Boys U15 championship match but luckily they had already secured a spot in the US Youth Soccer National Championship because of their win of the USYS National League
- U18 Boys Illinois State Cup champions Galaxy 93/94 Blue fell 3-2 to Grand Rapids Crew Jrs (MI).
Three other Land of Lincoln teams advance to the semifinals, which is still a major accomplishement based on the quality of the competition. The teams that reached their age group final four were:
- Chicago Magic (Under-14 Boys)
- Libertyville FC 1974 (Under-14 Boys)
- FC United (Under-16 Girls)
Regional winners of the Under-14 through Under-19 age groups earn a berth to the 2012 US Youth Soccer National Championships July 25-29, at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill, S.C.
The US Youth Soccer National Championships will consist of US Youth Soccer Regional Champions in the Under-14 through Under-19 Boys and Girls age groups as well as the US Youth Soccer National League qualifiers in the Under-15 through Under-17 Boys and Girls age groups to complete the field of 60 teams.