Illinois Youth Soccer started the State Premiership Division in Spring 2013 with support from our competitive member leagues. This exclusive competition was designed to give elite teams that are registered with Illinois Youth Soccer competitive member leagues (Illinois Women’s Soccer League (IWSL), Young Sportsmen’s Soccer League (YSSL), Central lllinois Youth Soccer League (CIYSL), St Louis Youth Soccer Association (SLYSA), and ILLOWA an opportunity to compete against the other top teams in the state.
Since its inception, the State Premiership division has boasted:
- 206 MRL Teams
- 35 MRL Champions
- 1 US Youth Soccer Regional Champion
- 9 State Cup Champions
- 14 State Cup Finalists,
- 20 State Cup Semifinalists
- 1 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup Champion
- 7 US Youth Soccer Midwest Presidents Cup Champions
- 16 Illinois Presidents Cup Champions
FOR SPRING 2018
- Addition of the 12U Girls Age Division
- Addition of the 15U Girls Age Division - This division will solely provide teams impacted by the US Soccer mandated age group change a playing opportunity. THERE WILL BE NO PROMOTION FOR FALL BASED ON THE FALL RESULTS
- All teams now pay referees at the field: $80 for 13U and older, $60 for 12U
- With the change to State Cup seeding, State Premiership Champions will no longer receive a seed directly into group play but will be guaranteed a a maximum of a 1-game play-in to get into group play.
- 2nd tier of Boys Chicagloand Premiership earns Presidents Cup seed
- Central/South Premiership Champions earn Presidents Cup seeds
Benefits for teams that participate include:
- Self scheduling
- Games can count toward State Cup/MRL
- Top referees
- Club pass system
- Marketing & advertising benefits
FALL 2017 STATE PREMIERSHIP POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
COMPLETE BOYS CHICAGOLAND STATE PREMIERSHIP DIVISION DETAILS
COMPLETE GIRLS CHICAGOLAND STATE PREMIERSHIP DIVISION DETAILS
COMPLETE CENTRAL/SOUTHERN STATE PREMIERSHIP DIVISION DETAILS
What are the requirements to play State Premiership?
ANY team registered and in good standing with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league can apply for the State Premiership. Team must complete the Premiership application and submit a resume for consideration for acceptance into the Premiership.
Where are games played?
All games are home team host. Illinois Youth Soccer gives each team a schedule with which games they are the home team.
What are the playing rules?
State Premiership Rules (PDF)
How are games scheduled?
Team schedule the game amongst themselves and a finalized schedule must be submitted to Illinois Youth Soccer by the schedule by deadline. Teams are allowed to reschedule games as need be, following a specific protocol.
What are the Premiership fees?
Teams pay their registration fee directly to the Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league (CIYSL, ILLOWA, IWSL, SISL or YSSL) that they are registered with.
Teams are required to pay the officials at the field prior to each match
Any fees the team incures for field usage or rental is paid by the home team.
How does promotion and relegation work?
For the Boys State Premiership there are 2 tiers, State Premiership Elite Divison and State Premiership Division.
The top 6 teams in the State Premiership Elite Division retain their spots for the following season. The top 2 teams from the State Premiership Division are promoted to State Premeirship Elite Division. No teams automatically retain their spots in State Premiership Division tier 2 and must submit an application each season for consideration. The champion of the top U12-U14 divisions in the YSSL earn a promotion into Tier 2 of the State Premiership Divison.
For the Girls, the top 4 teams retain their spot for the following season. The champion of the top U12 - U14 division in the IWSL earns a promotion into the Premiership.
How many games do we play?
Team usually play a 7 game schedule, but that may vary should the size of the division increase or decrease from eight teams.
We play a lot of games, can we count Premiership games as 2-for-1 with MRL, State Cup or Presidents Cup games?
Yes, as long as both teams agree.
What if we play another Premiership team in a non-Illinois Youth Soccer tournament. Can we double count that game?
Yes, as long as both teams agree and the tournament is sanctioned by Illinois Youth Soccer or a US Youth Soccer state association.
What if my team is not accepted into the Premiership?
Teams not selected for Premiership, play in the Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league they registered with
Can we play both Open Division and Premiership?
No. Premiership is considered the league play for teams that are selected