Illinois Youth Soccer started the State Premiership Division in Spring 2013 with support from our competitive member leagues. This exclusive competition was designed to give elite teams that are registered with Illinois Youth Soccer competitive member leagues (Illinois Women’s Soccer League (IWSL), Young Sportsmen’s Soccer League (YSSL), Central lllinois Youth Soccer League (CIYSL), Southern Illinois Soccer League (SISL), and ILLOWA an opportunity to compete against the other top teams in the state.
THE FOLLOWING DETAILS ARE FOR BOYS TEAM COMPETING IN THE STATE PREMIERSHIP CHICAGO DIVSION ONLY
Spring 2018 Registration NOW OPEN
- Complete your Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league registration and pay all fees. Must be completed by 2/1/118. ANY TEAM THAT HAS NOT COMPLETED AN ILLININOIS YOUTH SOCCER MEMBER COMPETIVE LEAGUE REGISTRATION (YSSL OR CIYSL) AND PAID ALL LEAGUE FEES IN FULL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR PREMIERSHIP
- After your league registration is completed, complete the BOYS STATE PREMIERSHIP CHICAGOLAND DIVISION Application. Application must be completed no later than 2/8/2018.
- Accepted teams will be notified no later than 2/19/2018
- Teams NOT accepted will play in the Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league they registered with.
PROMOTION & RELEGATION
The Boys Chicagoland State Premiership is two-tier divsion with a promotion and relegation system.
- Tier One: State Premiership Elite Division (Top 8 teams)
- Tier Two: State Premiership Division (8 teams)
- Top 6 teams from previous State Premiership Elite Division retain their position
- Top 2 team from State Premiership Division are promoted to State Premiership Division Elite
- All spots in State Premiership Division (tier-two) are selected based on applications submitted
CHAMPIONS / STATE CUP SEEDING
With the State Cup expanding to Quarterfinals, starting Fall 2017, All State Cup seeds directly into group play will come from the Quarterfinalists. State Premiership Elite Division champions will secure a spot in the Cup draw that either 1.) guarantees a maximum of 1 play-in game or 2.) a spot draw directly into group play.
For the State Premiership Divisio (Tier 2), not only will the champion earn a promotion into the State Premiership Elite Division, it will also earn a Presidents Cup seed. Teams can choose, to compete towards State Cup if they want and rescind the Presidents Cup seed. The team will then be included in the double-blind State Cup draw.
Depending on the number of accepted teams, teams should expect to play 6-9 State Premiership Division matches. Premiership matches will be considered your league play and will meet the team's requirement to compete in events such as State Cup, Presidents Cup, MRL, etc.
Illinois Youth Soccer will produce a schedule for all teams, designating who is the home team for each match. The Spring Premiership schedules will be released no later than August 1, 2017.
State Premiership games are self-scheduled amongst teams. Once the schedule is released:
- Teams contact each other and mutually agree on date and time. Game should be played at the field of the team deginated as HOME on the schedule.
- All teams must finalize their State Premiership Schedules by April 1
- No later than April 1, teams should email the following details for all of their HOME matches to email@example.com
- Specific location including address and field number
Although game details are due by April 1 teams are allowed unlimited game changes. To get a game changed after the April 1 schedule deadline teams must do the following no later than 72-hrs prior to the originally scheduled match:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a new agreed upon date, time and location. NO GAME CHANGES WILL BE ALLOWED WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION. Games cancelled by teams without email this information may result in a forfeit.
The Illinois Youth Soccer assignors (Art Arustamyan & Steve Jablow) handle all assigning for Premiership matches. The state assignor will assign the entire 3-person crew. Any team that would like to request to use an assignor other than one of the official State Premiership Assisgnors must do so no later than April 1. ALLTEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY $80 ($60 for 12U) IN CASH AT THE FIELD TO THE CENTER PRIOR TO EACH PREMIERSHIP MATCH.