Illinois Youth Soccer started the State Premiership Division in Spring 2013 with support from our competitive member leagues. This exclusive competition was designed to give elite teams that are registered with Illinois Youth Soccer competitive member leagues (Illinois Women’s Soccer League (IWSL), Young Sportsmen’s Soccer League (YSSL), Central Illinois Youth Soccer League (CIYSL), Southern Illinois Soccer League (SISL), and ILLOWA) an opportunity to compete against the other top teams in the state. Since its inception in 2013, SPD teams include: 38 MRL Teams, 5 MRL Champions, 2 State Cup Champions, 2 State Cup Finalists, 5 State Cup Semifinalists and 9 State Cup Quarterfinalists.
In Spring 2014, the State Premiership expanded to two division, Chicagoland & Central/Southern Illinois.
FOR THE FALL 2014 SEASON . . .
State Premiership Central/Southern Division
The State Premiership Central/Southern Division will host its inauguarl Fall season for the following age groups
- Girls Under-13
- Girls Under-14
- Girls Under-15
- Girls Under-16
- Girls Under-17
- Girls Under-18
- Boys Under-12
- Boys Under-13
- Boys Under-14
STARTING SPRING 2015 SEASON . . .
Beginning in Spring 2015, the following changes will be made to the Premiership Divisions.
- Promotion and relegations system: Top teams EARN the right to keep their spot in the Premiership
- Premiership champions earn a seeded spot into group play of State Cup for the following year
- 2015 Champions earn 2016 State Cup seed
- Team must show continuity of roster of at least nine players
Additional Benefits for teams that participate include:
- Games can count toward State Cup/MRL
- Top referees
- Club pass system
- Marketing & advertising benefits
How You Apply
- Team must be registered, paid in full and in good standing with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league
- Team must complete the State Premiership Division application in full
- Teams (that have not already secured a spot based on the previous Premiership season) are selected based on their team resume. Factors that are important on a teams resume
- League play results including league division championships
- State Cup/Presidents Cup & MRL results
- Head-to-head against current Premiership teams and/or other applicants
- Other tournament results
If a Team is not accepted to participate in the SPD, the Team must play in the Illinois Youth Soccer Member League with which it registered prior to applying to the State Premiership Division. Since a team that is not selected to the SPD will resume play in the IYSA Member League, no refunds will be issued.
Schedule: The number of games is determined by the number of teams in a Premiership Division. Illinois Youth Soccer assigns match-up and designates who is the home team for each match. Teams then self-schedule at date and time at least 5 days prior to the game. Games will be played at the hosting Team’s fields to reduce the cost for all teams. There will be no charge for fields unless IYSA is asked to schedule games at a location that charges a rental fee. That rental fee will be charged to the teams and the teams would split the cost of the field rental.
SPD games are considered league games and shall meet all of the requirements of IYSA Member League play. Teams will follow all rules, policies and procedures established by IYSA concerning playing rules. Playing rules will be similar to State Cup Playing Rules. Teams will follow their respective IYSA Member League rules, policies and procedures for all other matters.
Referees: Illinois Youth Soccer assigns the center official for all State Premiership matches. The teams listed as the home team on the schedule is required to use their local assignor to get linesman that meeting specific Premiership criteria.
Teams registered with the IWSL or YSSL do not need to pay any referee fees at the field. Team registered with all other leagues must pay $25 to the center referee prior to the match.
Roster: The State Premiership Division will use the club passes system.
Unlimited transfers from within the club are allowed. Before a transferred player may participate in any Premiership game, the team must submit to Illinois Youth Soccer a copy of the transferred player’s Illinois Youth Soccer Member League team roster.
Game roster limit is 18 player
QUESTIONS: Contact Bill Bruno at email@example.com or Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-290-1577