Fall 2019 State Cup Resources
The Illinois State Cup is the most prestigious tournament in Illinois and the official state championship tournament of the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. Don’t be confused by similarly named league tournaments claiming to be a "state cup" championship.
Since 1966, even before its incorporation, Illinois Youth Soccer has been conducting this official annual state competition that is part of the national US Youth Soccer National Championship Series. The
Winners of the Illinois State Cup advance to the US Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Tournament and have the opportunity to qualify for the US Youth Soccer National Championships. The national finals are a culmination of a year-long series of competitions at the state and regional levels providing approximately 185,000 players on 10,000 teams from US Youth Soccer’s 55 State Associations to compete against the best teams in the nation. The Illinois State Cup is one of the largest State Cup competitions in the United States.
Illinois State Cup winners advance on to the US Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Championships, June 19-24 in Westfield, IN.
- July 29: Fall Brackets Announced
- August 9: Open Cup Game Change Request Deadline
- April 24-25: Open Cup Play-Ins: Rockford
- September 16: Game change request deadline for October 19-20 games
- Spetember 16: Home Team Host details due
- October 13: Home Team Host Play By Deadline
- October 19-20: Group Play Weekend: Rockford
- October 25-27: State Cup Quarterfinals & Semifinals: Rockford
- November 2: State Cup Finals: Rockford
- June 19-24: US Youth Soccer Midwest Regional Championships: Westfield, IN
- July 20-26: US Youth Soccer National Championships: Overland Park, KS