Concussion Can Have Long Term Effects, When I Doubt Sit Them Out
Don’t risk your child’s future by allowing them to return to action too soon after suffering a concussion.
Link to IYSA Concusion Notification Form
What Is A Concussion:
A concussion is a brain injury that:
- Is caused by a bump or blow to the head
- Can change the way your brain normally works
- Can occur during the practices or games in any sport
- Can happen even if you haven’t been knocked out
- Can be serious even if you’ve just been “dinged”
What are the symptoms of a concussion?
- Headach or pressure in the head
- Nausea or vomitting
- Balance problems or dizziness
- Double or blurry vision