Illinois Youth Soccer is excited to announce a new pathway for member teams to qualify for the Premier II Division of the US Youth Soccer Midwest Conference. We have consulted with our member clubs to come up with this new model that would replace the current Midwest Conference Qualifying Divisions that historically have been all Illinois teams but run by US Youth Soccer. This is new format will
- Save teams money. The fee for the Illinois MWC Qualifier will be $450 plus league registration fee and referee payments made at the field. In comparison, the current Midwest Conference fee is $975 plus league registration fee and referee payments. Moving the competition “in-house” will save each team $500
- Provide localized play including the opportunity for a division specifically for member teams in the Central & Southern part of the state, if enough teams participate.
- Provide scheduling flexibility for teams to play more games, ideally 7-9 in a season.
- Ensure that those teams that do not want to play in Premier II or higher in the Midwest Conference will only be placed in a Illinois MWC Qualifier.
- Keep registration open longer for 15U-17U teams to ensure they can field a team instead of requiring a commitment in before league registration closes
- Still earn division winners promotion into Premier II the following season.
Click here to apply