Since its inception, the State Premiership division has boasted:
- 315 Midwest Conference Teams
- 48 MWC Champions
- 1 US Youth Soccer National Champion
- 4 US Youth Soccer Regional Champion
- 13 State Cup Champions
- 20 State Cup Finalists,
- 31 State Cup Semifinalists
- 4 US Youth Soccer National Presidents Cup Champion
- 12 US Youth Soccer Midwest Presidents Cup Champions
- 30 Illinois Presidents Cup Champions
- 28 Illinois Presidents Cup Finalists
- 42 Illinois Presidents Cup Semifinalists
- 11 Illinois Presidents Cup Quarterfinalists
Benefits for teams that participate include:
- Self scheduling
- Games can count toward State Cup/MWC
- Top referees
- Club pass system
- Marketing & advertising benefits
- Prime Time Players Of The Week & more
SPRING 2024 STATE PREMIERSHIP APPLICATIONS OPEN THROUGH FEBRUARY 9
Application for the Spring 2024 State Premiership is now open. Click here for details and application.
The State Premiership is offered in two divisions.
- State Premiership Chicagoland Division
- State Premiership Central / South Division
SPRING AGE GROUPS
- 2011 (13U) Boys & Girls
- 2010 (14U) Boys & Girls
- 2009 (15U) Boys & Girls
- 2008 (16U) Boys
- 2007 (17U) Boys
- 2006 (18U) Boys
- 2005 (19U) Boys
Want to submit a Prime Time Player of The Week?
What are the requirements to play State Premiership?
ANY team registered and in good standing with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league can apply for the State Premiership. Team must complete the Premiership application and submit a resume for consideration for acceptance into the Premiership.
Where are games played?
All games are home team host. Illinois Youth Soccer gives each team a schedule with which games they are the home team.
What are the playing rules?
State Premiership Rules (PDF)
How are games scheduled?
Team schedule the game amongst themselves and a finalized schedule must be submitted to Illinois Youth Soccer by the schedule by deadline. Teams are allowed to reschedule games as need be, following a specific protocol.
Where do I find team contacts?
If you click on the schedule page for your age group, on the upper right just underneath the blue bar that runs across the top of the page, you will see CONTACTS. Click there to see the team contacts for each team
What are the Premiership fees?
The State Premiership fee is $175 along with applicable per game for referees. Teams are also required to register with and pay the registration and insurance fees with one of our five member competitive leagues: CIYSL, ILLOWA, IWSL, LDE, SLYSA or YSSL.
At the time of registration teams will be required to enter a credit card for the $175 fee, that fee will NOT be charged and teams have until a specific date to submit a check payment to:
1655 S. Arlington Heights Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Teams are required to pay the officials at the field prior to each match
Any fees the team incures for field usage or rental is paid by the home team.
How does promotion and relegation work?
Team Based State Premiership Division
- State Premiership I: The top 6 teams in the State Premiership I retain their spots for the following season. The top 2 teams from the State Premiership II are promoted to State Premiership I.
- State Premiership II: The top two teams from the IWSL A & YSSL 1st Division earn an automatic promotion into State Premiership II. All other spots in State Premiership II are filled based on team applications.
How many games do we play?
Team usually play a 7 game schedule, but that may vary should the size of the division increase or decrease from eight teams.
We play a lot of games, can we count Premiership games as 2-for-1 with MWC, State Cup or Presidents Cup games?
Yes, as long as both teams agree. The rules for MWC or Cups should be used for those matches
What if we play another Premiership team in a non-Illinois Youth Soccer tournament. Can we double count that game?
Yes, as long as both teams agree and the tournament is sanctioned by Illinois Youth Soccer or a US Youth Soccer state association.
What if my team is not accepted into the Premiership?
Teams not selected for Premiership, play in the Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league they registered with